Saturday, August 13, 2005

On a More Serious Note

Most of you probably know that Kari was supposed to lead a missions team from our church to Ethiopia, and that the team is there right now. Well, yesterday, some of the leaders of one of the Ethiopian churches laid hands on Brett, one of the team members from our church, and prayed for Kari's healing. Many of them had visions and prophetic words about Kari being totally physically restored. After that they sort of commissioned Brett to go visit Kari and pray for her--believing that through his prayer, Kari would be healed. Even though I believe that this can happen, and that is what we hope for, it is hard for me to imagine it happening; at the same time it is hard for me to imagine it never happening too. Please pray that God would reveal his plans and future for us. I know that he has them, and that they are good, but it is difficult to be patient.

"For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope. Then when you call upon me and come and pray to me, I will hear you. When you search for me, you will find me; if you seek me with all your heart, I will let you find me, says the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes." Jeremiah 29.11-14

No comments: