Friday, August 12, 2005

Sears boycott

On a funny note, Aaron had a run in today with the company known as Sears
Roebuck Inc. (They will be filing for chapter 11 within the month)
Yesterday, Aaron purchased clothes for Kari for about $100 using half gift
card and half cash. As with most women when men pick out their clothes,
Kari was not satisfied with all of Aaron's selections. (Advice to guys:
jewelry and bath and body works; those are the only two gift options).
Aaron went back to Sears today seeking to return about half of his purchases
(Of course, he had also bought stuff for himself that he was happy with).
Sears then informed him that he would have to return ALL his purchases and
then rebuy the stuff he wanted with the giftcard if he wanted to receive
cash back. Upon calmly speaking to a manager, he had to come back to the
hospital and make an extra trip to Sears. Needless to say, he was a little
fired up.

So, Aaron is calling for a boycott of all Sears products. This includes the
catalogue, the tower, and the hardware stores. I've actually heard that the
view from the Hancock building is better anyways...Thank you for your
support.

Rob

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari and Aaron,

I was thrilled to ready that Kari is learning to navigate her chair and that she is off the vent for longer periods of time.

Paul and I continue to pray for you, Kari and Aaron--for strength, healing, love, and faith--all of which have been so visible in
your lives!! In spite of the horrendous accident, I praise God for your progress to date.

In Christ,

Paul and Colleen Josephson

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari and Aaron,

I was thrilled to ready that Kari is learning to navigate her chair and that she is off the vent for longer periods of time.

Paul and I continue to pray for the two of you--for strength, healing, love, and faith--all of which have been so visible in
your lives!! In spite of the horrendous accident, we praise God for your progress to date.

(We're not quite ready to boycott Sears, although the store was definitely insensitive and inflexible.)

In Christ,

Paul and Colleen Josephson

9:26 PM

Anonymous said...

Rob, Our family has been boycotting Sears for the past year due to similarly frustrating encounters during an appliance purchase. No wonder they are filing Chapter 11 - you would think they would train employees to bend over backwards for their (few remaining) customers. I hope that Aaron returned EVERYTHING!
Thank you for keeping us posted on events so that we can feel a little bit helpful. God bless all of you!!

Laurie

Anonymous said...

Another piece of advice to guys: when purchasing gifts for the ladies, never (NEVER!) buy anything that has an electrical cord.... unless it was a specific request. And things that are sparkly are generally good choices.

I'll be praying that Aaron is given wisdom for future acquisitions and more places to express his emotions.

(My parents have boycotted Sears for years, but that might be a result of my mom's fear of heights.)

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, Aaron and Rob (it is good to know that you are there with your friends),
I can almost see the three of you sitting there telling Sears stories. I have a sister who WILL not shop at Sears also!!! You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Yesterday, I received an envelope in my RURAL mailbox that was neatly addressed to Kari Morris-Guzman. I guess I thought that even the post office knew who she was, because I had totally left off an address!!! It all turned out for the best because her address had changed since I sent it!!! I suppose that is a sign that I am totally relaxed here in the UP.
Love, Mom Barrett